Saturday, December 13, 2008

Kids, Cooking, Cats...




Matt, it sounds like you have gone down to the bottom and are on the way to the top - how fantastic. I read once a book that talked of how most people are just sleepwalkers in this life, never really aware of what they are doing - just doing. I hate that you have had to go through all the hard things, but the fact that you have learned from them and are growing is what makes you fully alive. I look forward to meeting your children and Amanda and hearing more of what your lives are about. And no thank you, I will leave the excess snow for you - 3-4" is enough :)
Good luck on the finals!

Angelina, you rotten girl - now there is one more yummy thing to eat. I have to laugh that it came from mom's Norwegian cookbook, because mom did NOT like cardamom! When I finally tried some, I loved it - and it was one of the few things I made she wouldn't eat (mine was cookies though). I loved your review of the cookbook - that is exactly what mom loved about it too. Fun.

Cats - I'll just be brief and post a pic of my latest rescue - the stupid neighbors moved, left behind their 2 cats. I found a home for the baby, but this 2 year old orange boy is jailed in my bathroom until his new home appears - any of you interested, just lemme know... :) his name is Louie Lovebug.
Also, I just read an amazing book - Wesley the Owl. For all of you who think I am the odd one in the family, read this and you'll see - we are all odd, just in differing ways. This woman though told her story straight - she didn't hide, didn't pretend to be "normal" in her thoughts and feelings. I found it to be incredibly powerful and beautiful. Highly recommended.


Have a lovely day, all - bye for now, n









No comments: