Monday, December 29, 2008

A quick Christmas "hey"

Hey, all. Just a quick post from us Wahls on the East side of the hills. We survived our annual Christmas sprint over the Cascades; this was the first year we've had snow from our door in Waterville all the way to Mom and Dad's place. While we're used to the snow over here, I don't much like driving with a foot of white stuff on the ground in Lake Stevens. Freakin' crazy people, I tell ya! But we made it over for Christmas Eve at my folks place, and got to see Butch and Ron, too (Katja gets a real kick out of getting her picture taken with Uncle Santa every year). It sure isn't like it used to be, and I do miss seeing you all. But times change — heck, my oldest doesn't even make the journey over to Bumpa and Graddy's because she has obligations at her in-laws-to-be on Christmas Even and morning. And we scurried back home Christmas afternoon for dinner at my in-laws place here in Waterville (yes, they followed us over here. As did my sister-in-law.) Now we're headed to New Year's. Before it hits, I figured I'd better shoot off a quick "Merry Christmas" to you all here on Just Grandma's Hotline (I'd get in trouble for calling her Helen : ) Hope you all are having a great holiday season.
XXXOOO,
Andrew and clan

No comments: